Sunday, September 22, 2013

E4 best by test

Before tye 2nd round I was feeling uneasy. I wasnt so happy with my decision of playing the tournament.  I needed something drastic. Something that would change my mood. And thats when the idea of playing 1.e4 struck me. It was a double edged sword.  Usuaaly against a 1250 player u can expect to win by playing anything. But still 1.e4! He could play sicilian french caro kann anything. Was I prepared for it? Frankly no. But it was a risk worth taking! I always remember Javed Akhtars words from zindagi na milegi dobara: dilo mein apni betaabiyan lekar chal rahe ho to zinda ho tum..... tum ek lehar ki tarah behna sikho.... yes if u have some butterflies in your stomach its a good idea to try it out! I played 1.e4 and won very easily. The point was not just that I won bit it changed my mood. I started feeling better in Sri Lanka! Bobby Fischer had rightly said 1.e4 best by test!!

No comments:

Post a Comment